- Federal Food Policy Changes following the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Strategic Risk and Collective Action in Agriculture
- Agricultural Projections Going into 2024
- Linking Water Quality Improvement with Economic Benefits to the Iowa Population
- Solar Energy Surge in Iowa: Policies, Public Opinions, and Future Opportunities
- Multi-plant Coordination in the Beef Packing Industry: Why it Matters, and What Questions Remain?
- Property Taxes and Housing Prices in Urban and Rural Markets
- The Continuing Evolution of Iowa Farmland Ownership and Tenure: Results from the 2022 Survey
- New Survey Targeting Underrepresented Iowans Reveals Limited Usage of Lake Resources
- Conservation Investment and Carbon Payments in US Agriculture: Implications of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Electric Vehicles, Horses, Oats, and Ethanol. Does the last Transportation Revolution Reveal Anything about the Next One?
- Agricultural Projections into 2023
- The Tillage Input: Technical Change, Markets, and Policy
- Increasing Local Production of Table Food in Iowa to Improve Agricultural Sustainability: A Food-Energy-Water Systems (FEWS) Project Case Study
- Iowa Lakes Drive over $1 Billion in Recreational Spending Each Year
- Challenges and Opportunities for a Manure Market in Iowa
- Fresh Projections for the Next Marketing Year
- Nitrogen Management with Abnormal Rainfall
- US Agricultural Exports to China during the Phase One Trade Deal: Larger Pie, Smaller Slice?
- Carbon and Nutrient Co-benefits of Large Conservation Programs: An Illustration with EQIP in Iowa
- Fertilizer Markets: The Clash between Energy, Ag, Weather, Profits, and Policy
- Utility-scale Wind and Solar Development in Iowa: Trends, Prospects, and the Land Factor
- What’s in Store for Voluntary Agricultural Carbon Markets?
- Farm Succession and Retirement across Continents and Cultures: A Focus on Ireland and Iowa
- Will the Soaring Farmland Market Drop When the Federal Reserve Raises Interest Rates?
- Is the United States Trying to Undermine the WTO?
- Brazil’s Transportation Infrastructure and Competitiveness in the Soybean Market
- What is the Tradeoff between COVID-19 and Economic Recovery?
- The SNAP Disbursement Schedule and its Effects
- Futures Market for Ag Carbon Offsets under Mandatory and Voluntary Emission Targets
- Projections going into Harvest
- Predicting China’s Corn Acreage and Production in 2021/22 and 2022/23
- Cover Crops and No-till in the I-States: Non-Permanence and Carbon Markets
- Cover Crop Cost-Share Programs in Iowa: Do They Work?
- China’s Changing Population Structure and its Implications for US Agricultural Exports
- Iowa’s Role in US Agriculture
- The Origins of Talent in Rural and Urban Iowa
- Will Iowa Farmland Values Continue to Rise?
- Potential Adoption of Managed Aquifer Recharge Systems in the Corn Belt Region
- Corn Yields and Climate Change: The Innovation Challenge
- Is China’s Hog Rebuilding Complete? Reconciling Inventory and Price Data
- The United States’ Competitive Positions in Beef, Corn, Pork, Soy, and Wheat Exports: 1980–2019
- Minimum Wages and Rural and Urban Firm Entry and Exit
- USDA Outlook for 2021 Shows Healthy Recovery
- Rural Areas and Middle America See Smaller Employment Losses from COVID-19
- Implications of Hong Kong’s Special Status Revocation for Agricultural Trade between the United States, Hong Kong, and Mainland China
- Agriculture under the Specter of COVID-19
- Does Rural Broadband Expansion Encourage Firm Entry?
- Large Hog Companies Gain from China’s Ongoing African Swine Fever
- Global Competition Made 2018 a Bad Time to Start a Trade War
- Production Projections and Trade Adjustments
- The Urgent Need to Address Nutrient Imbalance Problems in Iowa’s High-Density Livestock Regions
- Impact of African Swine Fever on US and World Commodity Markets
- E15 Demand and Small Refinery Waivers: A Battle over Long-Run Market Share
- The “Stover Availability versus Supply” Puzzle and Contracting Options for Cellulosic Biomass
- Relational Contracts and the Diffusion of Agricultural Technologies in Brazil
- USDA’s Projections for 2018
- Can China’s Rural Land Policy Reforms Solve its Farmland Dilemma?
- Is ARC-CO acting as a Safety Net Program? Evidence from Iowa
- Efficient Environmental Regulation in the Unconventional Oil Industry
- China’s New Nationwide E10 Ethanol Mandate and Its Global Implications
- How Do Swine Producers and Veterinarians Expect the VFD to Affect Their Business?
- The Importance of NAFTA for the Agricultural Sector
- The Ebbs and Flows of International Trade
- U.S. Export Beef Competitiveness: Do Cattle Inventories Matter?
- Ag Trade and Trade Agreements
- Cover Crop Adoption Decisions in Iowa: Insights from an In-Person Survey
- Redistribution or Public Good: Which Direction for the New Farm Bill?
- Four Reasons Why We Aren’t Likely to See a Replay of the 1980’s Farm Crisis
- Succession Planning, Perceived Obstacles, and Attractions for Future Generations Entering Beef Cattle Production
- Fuel Price Impacts of the Renewable Fuel Standard
- Forward Contracting by Iowa Corn Producers: Connecting Hedging with Price Movements
- Of Maize and Markets: China’s New Corn Policy
- For Ag, It’s Mostly Good News on the Demand Front
- The Yield Response to Nitrogen: Subjective Belief Bias in Nitrogen Management
- Crude Oil Prices and US Crop Exports: Exploring the Secondary Links between the Energy and Ag Markets
- Reducing Antibiotic Use in Animal Production Systems
- Research Needs and Challenges in the Food, Energy and Water System: Findings from an NSF Funded Workshop
- Location, Location, Location: Place-Specific Human Capital, Rural Firm Entry and Firm Survival
- Biofuel and Feedstock Markets and the EU-US TTIP
- Measuring Public Agricultural Research and Extension and Estimating their Impacts on Agricultural Productivity: New Insights from U.S. Evidence
- Farm Bill Payments in Iowa
- Measuring Price Spreads in Red Meat
- Assessing Food Security in Tanzania in the Next Decade
- Late-1990s Climate Shift Impact on Corn Yield in Iowa
- Nitrogen Management under Uncertainty: An Investigation of Farmers’ Decision Processes
- Mandatory GMO Labeling?
- Characterizing and Comprehending Land Use Change in the Loess Hills Region
- Ag Supplies for 2015
- Technology and Productivity in U.S. Corn and Soybean
- Can the Trend of Rural Population Decline Be Reversed?
- Can Voluntary Adoption of Agricultural Practices Achieve the Hypoxic Zone Reduction Goals?
- Another Strong Quarter for Agricultural Demands
- Hog Markets and the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus
- Ask an Ag Economist
- Ethanol Mandates Compliance Strategy and Course of Action for EPA
- Iowa Farmland Value Survey Shows Historic High Statewide Average
- Retail Meat and Crop Demand Continue to Grow
- Is there an Optimal Month to Forward Contract?
- The Protectionism of Food Safety Standards in International Agricultural Trade
- Ask an Ag Economist